Thursday, May 21, 2009

Graduation Day!

Today was Blair's graduation from Highlands Ranch High School, which was held at The Red Rocks Amphitheatre. What an awesome venue! It was a long (and high) hike from the parking lot, but was totally worth the view. The weather was kind of "iffy" (overcast and cool), but it really only sprinkled on us once during commencement, which was good. Afterward, we headed back to Kim & Raymond's house for Blair's graduation party. It was a lot of fun!
Me and Tyler-Bug; Blake with my Uncle Raymond; and Tyler with his fave 2nd cousins.
Congrats, Blair Blair!



Top photo: view of the orchestra and choir from our seats
Bottom photo: view of the audience from down below
Top photo: We have to walk WHERE??? I made sure my inhaler was handy before we started the hike up. :)
Bottom photo: The journey back down--our car is down there somewhere!

The Dickerson Family and Blair with her boyfriend, Taylor.
Tyler didn't let go of Blair's hand the whole way down to the car. He had fun sitting in the "way back" (of the Tahoe) with Blake.

My Aunt Mandy & cousin Mackenzie; Rayme, Blair, & Kim; me with my Great-Aunt Kack; Blair, Taylor, and Ryan (one of her good friends from childhood).
Tyler was a real hit with Blair's friends. He had them playing Hide-and-Seek, shooting Nerf guns with styrofoam bullets, and giving him piggyback rides. At one point during the party, he ran into the kitchen and very excitedly said, "Mom, I'm having so much fun with those white guys!" In case I need to explain, they're all wearing WHITE t-shirts........
I'm pretty sure Uncle Rayme would have had a conniption, had he seen this.

My Aunt Kim with her mom and sisters (her brother left the party before I could snag him); Great-Aunt Kack with Uncle Rayme; Aunt Mandy, Great-Aunt Kack, and Blair; Aunt Kim, Colleen (they've been friends for 20+ years) and me.
Hanging out after the party.
Group photo: All of us are, or have been, a Dickerson.

No comments: