Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Colorado, Here We Come!

Tyler and I flew into Denver this morning for my cousin, Blair's, high school graduation tomorrow. Tyler was SO excited about getting on the plane and did awesome on the flight. He watched "Star Wars" on his portable DVD player, had a few snacks (he thought it was so cool that he got his own can of juice from the flight attendant), and we visited the potty once (of course). When we landed, we walked through the terminal (Tyler LOVES the moving walkways) and caught the airport subway (one of his fave parts of flying in DIA) to baggage claim, where my Aunt Kim and Blair were waiting for us. Tyler flew into my aunt's arms and was so happy to see Blair. I'm glad that I decided to let him tag along. :)

After dropping our stuff off at my aunt's house, we went up to the soccer fields to watch my cousin, Blake's, soccer practice. Tyler plopped down on the grass and was rooted to the spot for about half an hour. I think he was mesmerized by how the "big boys" play soccer. One of the moms had an extra soccer ball, so Tyler kicked that around for awhile. He even convinced my aunt into being the "kicker" so that he could play "goalie." A younger brother of one of the boys on Blake's team came over and showed Tyler some soccer tips, which he thought was really cool.

Movies and snacks made the flight go by fast!
Blake (12) and Tyler (5)
Tyler receives some pointers from one of the big boys--and wishes he could play with them as he sits and intently watches them practice.
Tyler thinks that Blake is a real soccer star and is crazy about Blair. :)

No comments: