Friday, July 3, 2009

We made it!

We left our hotel at around 8:00 this morning to finish the 12-hour journey to Louisiana. We stopped for about an hour in Monroe, LA to eat lunch and let the boys run around a little bit. Since there was a mall right off of the highway, we decided to grab a bite in the food court. Afterward, Tyler and I rode the carousel, while Connor (who is 100% scared of carousel animals!) and Daddy watched and waved. Then the boys took turns "driving" trucks and trains in the play area. Once we got back in the car, it only took us a little under 3 hours to get to my grandparents' house in Dry Prong, LA. After unpacking the car and getting settled in, it was time to head to my cousin's daughter's 1st birthday party, which was a lot of fun.
The boys were all smiles right before we left our hotel in Memphis.
Tyler chose to ride the eagle on the carousel, but I had him pose for a pic with the alligator, too. And the deer....well, I don't know that I've ever seen one of those on a carousel, so I had to snap a pic!
The boys had a good time "driving" the ice cream truck and choo-choo train.
My cousin, Tim, and his wife, Wendy, celebrated the first birthday of their daughter, Camri, while we were there. We're so glad that we were there for the party!
I didn't get the chance to see my cousin, Crystal, while we were visiting, but her husband, Damon, brought their daughters, Jordyn and Taylor, to Camri's birthday party. Jordyn and Tyler are the same age and had a lot of fun together.
My grammy and grampy; me and my Aunt Cindy; my Uncle Justin with his girlfriend, Dawn; Aunt Cindy and her husband, Chuck.
My Uncle Ted gave all of kids (there were 20+ of them!) rides on his golf cart, which they all thought was pretty cool!

Group shot

No comments: