Thursday, July 9, 2009

Headed Home

Is it time to go home already? It seems like we just got here! I always hate leaving, because I always know that it'll be at least a year before we make it back. Before we started our journey back to Memphis, Dave took my grandparents' Wii for a spin one last time. The 6-hour drive was uneventful (thank goodness for portable DVD players!), and we actually made it to Memphis by the early afternoon, which gave us some down time. Dave took Tyler for a dip in the hotel pool, then we took the boys to Cici's pizza for dinner and had snowcones for dessert, which we ate while walking along an outdoor outlet mall. When we got back to the hotel, I thought for sure that the boys would crash. WRONG! They were SO wound up, I didn't think they would ever go to sleep. Part of the problem was that I agreed (after Tyler's relentless pleading) to let them try sleeping in the same bed, since the room had two queen beds and a fold-out sofa. I quickly realized my mistake; after about five minutes of (sort of) silence, the giggles and monster noises started, followed by bouts of tickling and tackling. After giving them far too many chances to quiet down and go to sleep (and lots of teeth-gritting on my part), I finally had to separate them, which did NOT go over very well and was met with lots of protests. Tyler, however, was actually asleep in less than 10 minutes. Connor, on the other hand, kept up the silliness all by himself until about 10:45! Think he'll sleep in tomorrow? :)

We're ready to hit the road!

Tyler and Daddy enjoyed clowning around in the cool water, while Chicken Little and I watched them from the sidelines. :)

This is what happens when napless children feast on snowcones right before bed!

No comments: