Friday, April 10, 2009

Cards Game

Today was a rainy/gloomy day, but the boys and I still had a fun stay-at-home-day (Tyler's phrase). I took he and Connor to our photographer to have their picture taken with live bunnies. We've done it every year since Tyler's first Easter and they love it. The studio that we use makes their own indoor backdrop and this year it consisted of a bridge with trees and flowers in the background. Very "springy." Anyway, we were able to get one good shot of the boys together before Dan brought the bunnies out. Connor has never seen a live bunny before and when Dan put one on his lap, he got SO excited......and refused to look at the camera for the rest of the session. He was content just looking down at the bunny and petting it over and over again. Every now and then, he'd look up and giggle, but it wasn't enough time to snap a photo. After about 15-20 minutes of trying to get a shot of the boys with the bunnies, I gave up. It's okay, though. Bunnies or not, at least I ended up with one good photo of Tyler and Connor--it has been an impossible feat to get a picture of both of them looking at the camera AND smiling (at the same time), so I'm happy with what I got.

When we left the studio, I ran a few errands with the boys and they were AWESOM. We went to Old Navy first and I was able to look around for about 30 minutes while the boys played with soccer balls and footballs that they found in a bin at the back of the store. They did a great job of keeping each other entertained; they even sat patiently in the dressing room while I tried on a few things. Our next stop was Kohl's and the trip started out okay. The boys stayed right next to me while I returned a few things and looked around.....until I stopped to look at ties for Dave. It was there in the men's clothing section that Connor decided to have some fun with the clothes racks. He decided, out of the blue, to take off running, and I thought I'd catch him pretty quickly--until he decided to start zig-zagging around the racks. Each time I thought I was close enough to reach out and grab him, he veered off in another direction--and was giggling the WHOLE time. Luckily, Tyler had the presence of mind to, not only follow us, but to go around one of the racks and cut Connor off so that I could catch up. Thankfully, there were very few people in the store at the time (though I'm sure that anyone watching was laughing at us). I almost took the boys back to the tie racks to try browsing a little more, but decided against it and just hoped that the one tie I was able to grab was a close enough match for Dave's shirt. :)

Once we got home, I made lunch, watched "Wall-E" with Tyler (cute movie), then put the boys down for naps. I spent the next two hours catching up on laundry and cleaning up the toy room. My mom came over earlier in the evening to watch the boys so that Dave and I could go to the Cards game with some friends. Luckily, the rain had moved through by the time the game started; it was a little chilly, but at least we stayed dry!

The Zaegel's/Lunning's; Earl & Alicia; Franko and Eric
Becky and I; Dave and Dave
Yep, we married 'em! (and no alcohol was involved here)

No comments: