Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

We were on our way home from work/school today, and as I turned toward the backseat to ask Tyler how his day was, I noticed a little "I VOTED" sticker on his shirt. Here is the conversation that ensued:

Mom: Did you vote today, honey?
Tyler: Yes, Mom. I voted for the donkey--Barack Obama.
Mom: Why is that?
Tyler: Because I like donkeys better than elephants.
Mom: And who was your other choice?
Tyler: The elephant, Mom. You know, John McCain.

I nearly ran off the road during this exchange; I never would have thought to ask him who the candidates were. Guess he pays close attention in class. :)

Later tonight, I paused briefly on a TV station that was giving constant updates on the election, and as Tyler walked into the room, he said, "Is the donkey winning, Mom?" I had to laugh at the pure innocence of it. :)

Everyone's ballot was posted on the wall outside of Tyler's classroom.
The kids were told to mark their choice with an "X."

No comments: