Friday, November 14, 2008

Day One

We're staying with my aunt and uncle in Aurora and woke up to snow flurries today (at 4:45 a.m., I might add--why can't kids' internal clocks change with the time??), and Tyler was ecstatic--I mean "ready to put on a snowsuit and boots" ecstatic. The only problem is, the accumulation was only two inches and it was almost completely melted by lunchtime. We were able to snap a couple of family pics outside while most everything was "snowy white."

The four of us spent the morning at a nearby outlet mall, then had lunch together, followed by a trip to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory (best fudge in the world, hands-down!). We headed back to my aunt's house in the afternoon, stopping at the local grocery store first to purchase ingredients for the delicious dinner that Dave and I made for everyone that evening. If you like to cook, and need ideas for easy-to-prepare meals that taste great, you really need to subscribe to "Simple and Delicious." ;)



Tyler and my cousin, Blair, sharing a snack.

One of the coolest families that we know: my Aunt Kim, Uncle Raymond, and cousins, Blair & Blake.

No comments: