Thursday, February 12, 2009

Day Two in NYC

Dave had a few more meetings to attend today, so I was on my own until the early afternoon. I had a great time just walking around and doing more shopping in Times Square. I love the people and the atmosphere here; definitely never seen anything like it in any other city that I've been to. I started my day with another (and not the last!) trip to M&M's World, then I checked out the Hershey Store--very small, but had cute merchandise. Times Square just celebrated the grand opening of a new Walgreen's in November and it's actually a pretty cool store, inside and out. It has three levels, of course, and a HUGE (250,000 lbs. to be exact) LED display on either side, which looks really cool at night. Oh, and the building is situated in the median, right between the four lanes of traffic. There are actually several things stationed in the median, including a police sub station.



Fun at the Disney Store

The NYPD sub-station in Times Square, Hard Rock Cafe, and one of the many views inside Grand Central Station.
An ad for Mary Poppins, the closest I could get to the REAL Matt and Meredith, and the famous New Year's Ball.
Click on this collage to get a closer look at the prices for drinks and munchies in our hotel room. If we had opened the container on the left, it would have cost us $8--for two bags of M&M's!! Needless to say, we visited the local grocer when we needed snacks and beverages.

No comments: